Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Does the JK have a clutch delay valve?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the JK have a clutch delay valve?

Does anybody know the the answer to this? It certainly drives like it has one, that or the lack of power of this heavy beast makes it feel as so....

I've searched and didn't come up with anything...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny you posted this. I was wondering about this yesterday. I suspect it does. It sure feels like it does.

My S2000 had one but it wasn't that bad. But still many people pulled them out.

I'll have to look in my service manual when I get home and see if they mention it.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

t see any mention of one in the service manual
Old 05-06-2009, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doc_D
It's funny you posted this. I was wondering about this yesterday. I suspect it does. It sure feels like it does.

My S2000 had one but it wasn't that bad. But still many people pulled them out.

I'll have to look in my service manual when I get home and see if they mention it.
My e36m3 had one. This JK clutch feels the same way as the bmw did before I removed it.

For someone who knows how to drive a clutch without shocking the drivetrain, a clutch delay valve can actually increase clutch disc and flywheel wear. Unless somebody has been there done that, I'll crawl under there this weekend and find out. I'll remove it and be the guinea pig. I'm sure somebody has checked this out already thou....

I wouldn't be surprised if I find one....lifetime powertrain warranty is only good on the drivetrain and motor, not the clutch friction surfaces....a CDV can protect the driveline from abrupt shifts and clutch pops.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anxious to see if it does have one - that may be the reason I am having issues with the clutch as I've not had a vehicle with one before. (I stall this thing all the time.)
Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmmm .. I dropped the clutch yesterday on mine while shifting into third. It dropped and grabbed pretty hard so I don't think my JK has one ...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
Anxious to see if it does have one - that may be the reason I am having issues with the clutch as I've not had a vehicle with one before. (I stall this thing all the time.)
That was my problem with the M3, that and it felt like I was slipping it all the time when parking the car. It just felt different then what I was used to with a normal setup. Sure enough I checked the bmw forums checked and it had one. Too bad I removed it way too late and need to replace the clutch now.

Quick Reply: Does the JK have a clutch delay valve?