Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Does 07 2door softop rear window come off?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does 07 2door softop rear window come off?

I want to purchase a replacement rear zip out window for my 07-2 door softop but can't see how it would comeout. I know the 2011's do cause I asked someone who owns one. If it does can someone gimme a heads up? I've had it since January of 07 and have lifted it, off roaded it, sunk it in mud holes and rock crawled with it and have had it doorless but never tried removing that rear window. I looked at it and it doesn't look like it does.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roguejk
I want to purchase a replacement rear zip out window for my 07-2 door softop but can't see how it would comeout. I know the 2011's do cause I asked someone who owns one. If it does can someone gimme a heads up? I've had it since January of 07 and have lifted it, off roaded it, sunk it in mud holes and rock crawled with it and have had it doorless but never tried removing that rear window. I looked at it and it doesn't look like it does.
What do you mean? You unzip from the left side(driver) to passenger. Then you open the tailgate and remove the bottom bar from the clips and done!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreenJK07

What do you mean? You unzip from the left side(driver) to passenger. Then you open the tailgate and remove the bottom bar from the clips and done!
I do that but the zipper stays connected to the softop on the right side. I just let the window dangle in the rear cargo area. It's all scratched up after 4 years and wanna remove it to install a new one that I haven't purchased yet.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

When the zipper is at the end, you have to pull on the zipper hard while tugging down on the rear window. I had trouble too at first, but I got it now.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

From driver to passenger side? Strange.. Mine comes out when zipped over to the driver side..
Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I had my 09 2 Dr with soft top. Both zippers on the soft top rear window had to be on the Driver side to be removed.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
From driver to passenger side? Strange.. Mine comes out when zipped over to the driver side..
My 09 is the same way, but I'm having the same issues the original poster is having.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

You want to unzip both toward whichever side of the zipper has the long silver ends. Press both zipper ends together then push over the silver tabs and it should pop right off. If it gives you hell once you have the zippers past the tabs tug the top side of the zipper out and it should let go.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had an '07 2-door softtop.
you have to run BOTH zippers over to the driver's side. Then you can remove them from the top (the zippers remain on the window).
Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

I thought my rear soft top window was stuck for the longest time. It wouldnt detach with a fairly good amount of pulling. I was afraid to yank that hard on it to get the window out. I ended up giving the end of the zipper and the pull tab pieces a little shot of WD40 and they came right off.

On my 07 you unzip both to the drivers side and it comes right off now.

Quick Reply: Does 07 2door softop rear window come off?