Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Do you take your soft top all the way off?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id leave it on..but any other top youre taking off should come all the way off
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I know there's going to be a long stretch of dry days I'll remove mine completely. Easier to get into the back, looks better, and really isn't much more difficult than just folding the whole top back. What, like 10mins of extra work?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blockrockin
hmmm not sure why anyone would bother to take it completely off ? just for looks ? thats sounds like a lot of hassle
how is four screws a hassle I take it completely off when the weather looks nice for a long stretch of anymore than 3 days of sun. I think it looks better and it's easier to get into the trunk without it in the way. I don't ever pull the door surrounds unless I'm swapping the Hardtop in.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tomb
If I know there's going to be a long stretch of dry days I'll remove mine completely. Easier to get into the back, looks better, and really isn't much more difficult than just folding the whole top back. What, like 10mins of extra work?
Ditto...

If it's going to be nice, I'll take it off. I have a mesh for over the front and a Smittybilt CRES for the back. Might get a trail cover of some sort for when the weather get's iffy, so I don't have to scurry to get the top back on. But I understand the OP's dilemma and this year I switched to a Trektop Nx in part so I don't have deal with the metal bows.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a bikini top and duster, so in the summer I take the rear seat out and just run with that setup. With the Duster you must remover the top and I have a Smitybilt zip cover that makes it ez to remove.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

i like taking my entire soft top off during warm weather, plastics and all! it looks so much better with out the soft top bundled in the back and my door surrounds sticking out!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe I called my jeep a car The other day I was out looking for my scion and realized I don't own it.
I ordered a boot this morning and I think with the boot it will look a lot better. If I lived on the first floor I would remove it during long stretches of sun.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be taking my hard top off and putting the soft top on for the first time soon, about how difficult will this be? Any tricks to make it easier?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
i like taking my entire soft top off during warm weather, plastics and all! it looks so much better with out the soft top bundled in the back and my door surrounds sticking out!
X2 But I live in Vegas, where it only rains a handfull of times all year.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Off it goes with a mesh top in its place. I have the quick disconnects. If it looks like rain I just drive my suburban and leave the jeep in the garage.

Quick Reply: Do you take your soft top all the way off?