Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Do you have soft top regrets

Old 04-23-2015, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a hard top now but want to add a soft top--should I spend the extra money and get the premium top or just stay with the base soft top?
Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OCTANE6
I have a hard top now but want to add a soft top--should I spend the extra money and get the premium top or just stay with the base soft top?
If you can swing the premium, I would go that way. You can save money by watching craigslist and get a take-off.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
If you can swing the premium, I would go that way. You can save money by watching craigslist and get a take-off.
ok thanks--
Old 04-23-2015, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2. Supertop NX Twill is much superior to the factory top. I replaced my factory top fabric on my '09 with a Bestop Replacatop & it was nice, but this Supertop on my '14 is awesome. Looks better, a little quieter, no leaks through a few monsoon like rains, & it is adjustable.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by notnalc68
X2. Supertop NX Twill is much superior to the factory top. I replaced my factory top fabric on my '09 with a Bestop Replacatop & it was nice, but this Supertop on my '14 is awesome. Looks better, a little quieter, no leaks through a few monsoon like rains, & it is adjustable.
I thought I read you have to make cuts into the Supertop NX Twill when installing it?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OCTANE6
I thought I read you have to make cuts into the Supertop NX Twill when installing it?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

sorry the Trektop NX needs cuts to add to the roll bars.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

I only have the soft top. Works great and is easy to remove or take down without lifts, carts, or whatever you guys do these days. I guess if i lived up north where it gets freezing cold with snow and stuff i would want a hard top. The false sense security of it when traveling out of town might be a plus for the hard top?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

My two pennies...Go with premium/twill for sure, I bet they stop using the old material in the very near future. If you have room to store the hardtop, get both tops. 6 months of hardtop and 6 of soft....Although, if you made me go with one top...it would depend on your climate. I live in Michigan, I would go with hardtop only. If I lived south or southwest, I would go with the soft only. It is an exciting day for me though to switch tops, both in spring and the fall. If you do have a garage though, you can store your top above the jeep....I have this and it works great, $175...

http://www.amazon.com/Racor-PHL-1R-H...s=garage+hoist
Old 04-24-2015, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I regret buying the dual top option. I have the premium soft top and it is wonderful. The material is very tuff, have rubbed trees that tore open the regular tops on other jeeps with nothing but a little bark that needed to be wiped off the top on mine. I finally sold my hard top for 500 bucks just to get it out of my way.

Quick Reply: Do you have soft top regrets