Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Do manual doors have wires for power doors

Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My JK came with half-doors, so I was hoping to get full doors at some point. I like the idea of power, but I am thinking if the soft top doesn't come with the rear window wiring (need to buy a harness), it's unlikely the manual door vehicles come with any of the wiring for power windows/locks.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepUserName
My JK came with half-doors, so I was hoping to get full doors at some point. I like the idea of power, but I am thinking if the soft top doesn't come with the rear window wiring (need to buy a harness), it's unlikely the manual door vehicles come with any of the wiring for power windows/locks.
I believe there was a thread posted recently where someone actually added power locks to half doors. The wiring harness for power window/lock full doors and powerless full doors is different as another poster remarked previously. I have the non-power full doors, but removing the two-wire dome light pigtail when taking off the doors is a real pain in the ass. I feel better now.

-meljr
Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

All of the harnesses ... dash - body - door - are different for manual vs. power window/door JK's ....

I'm one of the guys that added power locks to my Half doors ...
Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmhines
All of the harnesses ... dash - body - door - are different for manual vs. power window/door JK's ....

I'm one of the guys that added power locks to my Half doors ...
I figured they'd all be different. I guess I need to find manual full doors.

Quick Reply: Do manual doors have wires for power doors