Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

diff service

Old 07-01-2015, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diff service

Anyone know any places near nw side of Chicago that are trusting and fair price for front rear diff and xfer case service?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

I would just do it yourself. It is very easy to do and not a lot of tools are needed. Everywhere will rip you off to drain and fill those. It is a joke what places charge for how easy it is.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...hange-write-up

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-02-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Diff service takes 20-30 minutes max. Just did it a week ago. Transfer case is a little longer due to removing the skid plate. The diff fluid will run $8-10 per qt, you need 3. So $30. Transfer case fluid is $8-10 a qt and you need 2. So $50 and maybe an 1.5 hours of your time including clean up. The stealer charges a couple hundred bucks near me. Not worth it.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

I just did my diffs and t case the other day. It is soooo easy. Oil change, both diffs, and t case can all be done in under an hour. For t case, a skid plate needs to be removed. I actually don't remove mine completely. Just take out three of the four bolts and loosen the fourth bolt. The plate will then pivot out of your way. Diffs only need a 3/8 ratchet with a 3" extension. T case uses 10mm hex (Allen).
Old 07-02-2015, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Auto Repair & Mechanic Shop McHenry, IL Crystal Lake, IL Johnsburg, IL | B & B Auto talk to Philip.

Quick Reply: diff service