Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Defogger causes fog?

Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I hardly use heat, I hardly use AC. For me it's windows down immediately. That's the way I like it. If my inside window is foggy I blast some cool air on it and then shut it off again. If the outside is foggy I slap the wipers at it. With the windows down the temperature neutralizes quickly. I have used my defroster MAYBE 3 times since I bought my Jeep, well over a year ago, and each time less than 3 minutes. So I am by no means an expert. I choose the prevention route where you choose the cure. Both work.
At 30 Celsius and 75% humidity, open windows and AC off is not a cure, it's a sauna...
Old 01-04-2015, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
At 30 Celsius and 75% humidity, open windows and AC off is not a cure, it's a sauna...
How about 34 Celsius and 76% humidity. That's all summer here. I figure why pay for a steam room.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i ever use here for heat in my jeep in new england is defrost/feet mode.

I cant stand hot air through the panel vents.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tribulation138
All i ever use here for heat in my jeep in new england is defrost/feet mode.

I cant stand hot air through the panel vents.
When I lived in MA I was the same way. I always had the windows cracked. I can't stand dry heat blowing on me. Even in houses I hated forced hot air systems. I'd rather be cold.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After glancing though the responses here. It sounds as thought your refrigerant is low. If it is low, it doesn't allow the system to pull moisture from the air. Check that, correct the fill, then move down the line. If your heater core is good, coolant is good, motors working, ten refrigerant is the last thing possible.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the long list of responses. The short of it, though, sounds like others have been able to defog with there jks, so I'll take it in under warranty and let the mechanics deal with the headaches. I tried every option of heat and cool a/c and no a/c and still fog. The three hour trip in sub freezing temps gave me a lot of experimenting time. Even windows down didn't help.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
How about 34 Celsius and 76% humidity. That's all summer here. I figure why pay for a steam room.
Maybe that's why I live here and not there...

Quick Reply: Defogger causes fog?