Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealership cut my fenders...

Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 09' x for about 5 months and I was wondering why my inner flares were chopped on. Whoever cut my inner flares must have been drinking also.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah I had mine done by the local dealership and they did a serious hack job on them as well. Extremely disappointing how absolutely amateur it looks. I really wish I had read up on here before I had gone and made sure they did a competent job.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Nice to see other 'stealerships' (great term BTW) are providing the same quality service. We'll be contacting customer service, again, regarding this repair. My husband is pissed as he would have fixed it himself, but decided to allow the shop to perform the TSB since it was still under warranty. Thank you all! I will keep you posted on how customer service resolves this, if they do anything.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

the dealership told me they were going to replace both inner fenders with modified ones. When I got it back they did a 'Monkey Cut" with a dull hacksaw job on em. Looked like shit! I made them give me a new pair and I installed them myself. I have plenty of room between the inner fender and the brake lines without any trimming. Some Dealers hire kids off the street which has NO business working on our Jeeps.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those guys that want to keep the dealer from hacking the liners.

The Hardware pack for the fender liner support bolts is Part # CATCK134AA.

It only cost me $3.00 but it was worth the cash to keep the dealer away.

Last edited by Matt08jk; 08-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

They did a number on mine. Looked like a small child tried to cut it.... Wait the child would have done a better job. I still have not had the time to fix this mess
Old 08-07-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Here is what they did to my Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-944545113.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	191979  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by itasor
Wow, they only cut about .5" off of my liners...just enough to make sure it doesn't hit the brake line. Some of these pics look like they went a little overboard!
Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Just do it yourself. Mine was done when my gas tank was being replaced. It looks like they let a palsy victim go at it with a weedwacker. I was pissed.
I had no intention of the dealership doing my 'fix' on the fender liners. Mine didn't even come close to rubbing. When I also took mine in to have the gas tank replaced, and when I got the JK back, they had cut my fender liners and replaced the bolts. Fortunately, they didn't remove very much liner. I still was pissed that they did it without asking me if I wanted it. I could have made them replace the liners, but I decided it was not that big of a deal after all.

Dealerships must like cutting things...I took my Tacoma in for service not long ago, and they trimmed my accelorator pedal, pretty much a hack job there also. I didn't want that done, either...

Quick Reply: Dealership cut my fenders...