Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealership cut my fenders...

Old 08-05-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership cut my fenders...

Hello

OK, before I begin making a ruckus at the dealership I thought I would see if anyone had this happen... I took the Jeep in for a warranty issue regarding these clips/bolts falling out that hold the fenders on, after some discussion they discovered it was a recall issue and said they were replacing them with metal bolts. No problem, wonderful. Well, I brought my Jeep home and my husband began inspecting what they had done and discovered they had cut into the fenders and if you push up on them you can see the bolts do not fit in there snugly. It is not noticeable from the outside, but I am very upset that they cut into my baby. I would like to know what you think had this happened to you or if anyone has taken theirs in for the same issue and this is how they fixed it.

The first two are where they cut the fenders and the second are the bolts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0156.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	190720

Name:	IMAG0153.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	190723

Name:	IMAG0155.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	190721

Name:	IMAG0154.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	190722

Thank you for any help!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was a recall, sadly this was their fix.

the liners were rubbing the brake lines and causing big issues. my inner flares dont hold up well anymore after they did this crap. now its rubbing the metal off of my spring tower.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
there was a recall, sadly this was their fix.

the liners were rubbing the brake lines and causing big issues. my inner flares dont hold up well anymore after they did this crap. now its rubbing the metal off of my spring tower.
X2...I got that recall in the mail, after I read what they were planning on doing I laughed. Part of the reason I cut my flares and liners
Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

I got the recall, looked at my fenders, and was glad the dealer wasn't going to get their hands on it.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your brake lines... The dealership told me when they performed this recall that if theres any rubbing on the brake lines they needed to be replaced... Well this is how i got it back after the "Performed" the recall

I eventually got the dealer to replace the brake lines after my 4th time bringing the jeep to them for the recall.. Fcking wrench monkeys didnt even bleed the lines, my brakes would touch all the way to the bottom.... Sigh.... Hate dealerships
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	190750   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1606.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	190751   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1170.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	190752   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1184.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	190753  
Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually stopped by the stealership a couple days ago to take care of the inner fender liners for my '08. I specifically asked them how they cut them as there have been a lot of dealerships that have had guys cut them and it looked like a monkey chopped it up with a hatchet. They assured me that it will come out clean so I agreed and when I got it back it did look good. Got 0 complaints about there job.

If I received something that looked like some of the examples I've seen on the forum I would most definitely complain and have them smooth/straighten it out
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
Check your brake lines... The dealership told me when they performed this recall that if theres any rubbing on the brake lines they needed to be replaced... Well this is how i got it back after the "Performed" the recall

I eventually got the dealer to replace the brake lines after my 4th time bringing the jeep to them for the recall.. Fcking wrench monkeys didnt even bleed the lines, my brakes would touch all the way to the bottom.... Sigh.... Hate dealerships
What dealer did you go to? Avondale Jeep?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
What dealer did you go to? Avondale Jeep?
Nah thats who i go to now and they seem pretty good, Althought they cant figure out why my trackbar is now hitting my rockcrusher diff cver
But that was a dealership back in boston where i use to live
Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
Nah thats who i go to now and they seem pretty good, Althought they cant figure out why my trackbar is now hitting my rockcrusher diff cver
But that was a dealership back in boston where i use to live
Thanks! I may have mine taken there if it seems to need it. I will inquire about their cutting style though.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

I took mine in yesterday to have it done.. I didn't even look at what they did I will check it out when I get off work and reply.

Quick Reply: Dealership cut my fenders...