Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealer Weirdship

Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Weirdship

I usually defend the dealers, and have never had a bad experience...

i need to replace my clutch slave cylinder. i called the dealer close to my work this morning and he said $80 list price, and he would have to order.

out of loyalty, I called the dealer I bought the JK at, and he said $106 and would have to order.

So, I stopped by the first dealer to order it, and he said $96.

I told him the price that very desk quoted me 4 hours before. and he actually told me that $80 is in fact list price, but they can charge whatever they want, and there are no guidelines.

I said that he just pulled a number out of the air then and hoped I would pay what ever he said.

he gave me the $80 price, but did not seem happy. I feel like I just got ripped
Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
I usually defend the dealers, and have never had a bad experience...

i need to replace my clutch slave cylinder. i called the dealer close to my work this morning and he said $80 list price, and he would have to order.

out of loyalty, I called the dealer I bought the JK at, and he said $106 and would have to order.

So, I stopped by the first dealer to order it, and he said $96.

I told him the price that very desk quoted me 4 hours before. and he actually told me that $80 is in fact list price, but they can charge whatever they want, and there are no guidelines.

I said that he just pulled a number out of the air then and hoped I would pay what ever he said.

he gave me the $80 price, but did not seem happy. I feel like I just got ripped
I wouldn't say you just got ripped, I'd say you just avoided getting ripped.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

Default Dealer Weirdship

As the main man of this website says, don't say anything and move on. That's what I would do, go scout out different dealerships and meet the people in there service department. I drive a 40min away just so I can go to a cool dealership that treats me right.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya i agree with rrain state some of the dealers are just out to get you but eventually you find one that respect there customers i have been lucky in that i have not hadd any problems with any of the dealers i have went to, knock on wood. so just keep looking you will find onne that is nice to deal with.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

If it's any kind of part that you can wait on a few days, then consider ordering from Wyckoff Parts. Great prices and a forum sponsor.

Select Mopar Accessories at Dealer Cost

Quick Reply: Dealer Weirdship