Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

dealer saying engine is dead

Old 08-05-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer saying engine is dead

Went offroading spotter said mud pit wasn't to deep went in and mud cam a little over bumper front wheels almost gone tried rocking my self out engine started s
Old 08-05-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cyzz
Went offroading spotter said mud pit wasn't to deep went in and mud cam a little over bumper front wheels almost gone tried rocking my self out engine started s
A little more info would be very helpful to answer your question. By the sound of it, it sounds like you might have hydro locked your engine.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

What info do you need it turns on stays idleing clutch sticks a bit don't know where the water would go through since mudd didn't get that much above bumper it's a 2014 jku
Old 08-05-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default did you use your clutch

when you were in the deep water ? you are not supposed to use clutch on 6 speed when in water
if you stall or need to shift you shut off jeep don't use clutch just turn key while in gear 4lo any gear you select but you don't use that clutch/ that's about all I could say on this ! if you even used the clutch or not ????

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-05-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

What info do you need it turns on stays idleing clutch sticks a bit don't know where the water would go through since mudd didn't get that much above bumper it's a 2014 jku
The dealer should be providing you with specifics. Why is it dead, what caused it and etc. The gets in though the air filer. I have an aftermarket intake and went through some deep mud and it sucked up a lot of it and soaked my air filter. I'm lucky that's all that happened.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

I asked and they say they don't know what's wtongthey keep saying there is alot of water in engine and mud and I asked how it got in and they said they don't know how it got in
Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I asked and they say they don't know what's wtongthey keep saying there is alot of water in engine and mud and I asked how it got in and they said they don't know how it got in
If it stalled in the water mud it can come right in the tail pipe

sent from the bottom of a water hold and didnt lock the motor
Old 08-05-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Engine is obviously not dead if it idles. So dealer is wrong. How about let's start with what it's not doing that you'd like it to do?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm glad that's not my dealer! Are they going to cover it under warranty?
Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

It turns on even drives tail pipe wasn't in water just front end!

Quick Reply: dealer saying engine is dead