Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dealer offered paint protection and undercoating

Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since our JK's bodies are galvanized I don't know how important undercoating is nowadays? Then again, I'm guessing the chasis frame is not galvanized, so maybe it's the go for areas where they salt the roads? I've scratched big gouges (right down to the bare metal) out of my tailgate carrying my bike in the back and there's no sign of any discoloration let alone rust, so I think the've done a pretty good job with these JK bodies.

Last edited by JKlad; 07-28-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the Auto Butler crap? I did that waste of time I have better waxes than the stuff they put.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

As always you're getting opinions from both sides of the fence. Either way, that's too much money. Call a couple of shops that do undercoating and have it done yourself if you decide to have it done. the dealer pays someone to come do it then mark it up. Go to the source.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

sounds scammy

Quick Reply: Dealer offered paint protection and undercoating