Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Day Time Running Lights?

Old 02-10-2020, 03:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You can achieve most of the AEV features (if not all of them) with the Jscan app and an obd2 dongle. It'll allow you to choose what you'd like to use as your DRL's.

As far as your lights go- if they have a separate input (most do) then you'll want to find an ignition powered line and bring that over to your input....or use the Jscan and program some other light to be your DRL. I will say this though- I have trucklite led lights with the anti-flicker harness and the DRL feature caused some flicker in the headlights when using them as DRL. I set my parking lights as DRL and didn't notice any issues. You also have the option of using fog lights but I don't have any on my vehicle so that's not an option for me.
Thanks so much for the information @karls10jk. Gonna weight the options today. I haven't ordered the AEV yet so this gives me something to add to the project knowledge book. I will certainly keep you posted.

OmegaMan
Old 02-10-2020, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
I have and have had many GM vehicles with DRLs, and I am convinced they help. Also, I've turned in front of vehicles I did not see. None ever had lights on of any kind. They can be annoying, but also can help. Ask motorcyclists why they run with the lights on. They don't solve the problem of people not seeing you, but they help. The insurance companies have data that supports this. That is why you get a discount. It saves them money. If it cost them money for no benefit, they wouldn't offer it. I'd bet GM has lots of data, too.

I'd love to set my Jeep up with them.
Thanks for sharing these details with <!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Amir Najam Sethit.

Quick Reply: Day Time Running Lights?