Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dash making noises

Old 10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that plastic on plastic squeak in my dash before. Sounds dumb, but try wiggling the a/c line where it goes through the dash. Side to side and a little back and forth. Mine stopped for a few months after that. It eventually squeaked again last spring so I gave it another wiggle. No squeak since.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

...dead...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 09 JK Rubicon. I have heard this noise for 2 1/2 years and it sounds like something fell down behind the dash and is rattling around in the dash between radio and glove box. Well after 2 1/2 years we were in Moab, UT riding the slick rock a couple of weeks ago and my wife reaches up to turn the a/c vent in center of dash on her side right between the radio and the glove box and I noticed that when she touched it the rattling stop. WhaLa!!! Now I just wedged a small piece of cardboard from a business card in there and no more rattling. I still can't believe I went that long without finding the source.

Doug Hines
Old 10-20-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a rattle in the dash since the Jeep was new (08 JKUR). Have asked the dealer to look into it, they have never fixed it and I don't think they have tried. Several years ago I read a thread where the problem was the AC tubing going into the firewall on his Jeep.

Quick Reply: Dash making noises