Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Dash making noises

Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dash making noises

Anyone experience the dash making that "plastic on plastic" noise around the glove box? Mine is making that "plastic sqeak" and it's inside the dash somewhere. It's between the radio and the glove box. It's one of those sounds that you usually get on a dash and you can push on either the dash, the radio, the trim around the radio, or anything else plastic to make it quit. But nothing I push on makes the sound go away, therefor it's inside somewhere. Anyone have this before? I'm thinking maybe the HVAC ducting. It drives me nuts.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No but my passenger doors rattle and drive me nuts!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 AM
JK Newbie

I have this among many other noises, except this one is really annoying and loud even with the music up. I'm planning on an operation this coming weekend or next to try and solve it. I find that if i push the lower portion of the center dash it goes away. I had my e-brake replaced a few months ago after i snapped the cable and they pulled open the center console so maybe some playing around will work.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tracker
No but my passenger doors rattle and drive me nuts!!!!
Tape up the metal bar that sticks out on the frame with the actual door latches on too...it's the silver metal piece...use 1 inch tape and go around a few times. I'm on my phone so i can't pull up the link, but if you search for it you'll pictures on what to do
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Newbie

i think iv got the same thing on, its driving me nuts.
So far iv pulled out the passanger air bag and most of the trim and had a quick drive around, sounds still there, also taped up heap sof wires, stuffed foam in where the plastic door trim touches the door.
Nothing seems to fix it.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 AM
JK Freak

You are lucky

My Jeep makes noise from everywhere, exept from the dash
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T&ERun
Anyone experience the dash making that "plastic on plastic" noise around the glove box? Mine is making that "plastic sqeak" and it's inside the dash somewhere. It's between the radio and the glove box. It's one of those sounds that you usually get on a dash and you can push on either the dash, the radio, the trim around the radio, or anything else plastic to make it quit. But nothing I push on makes the sound go away, therefor it's inside somewhere. Anyone have this before? I'm thinking maybe the HVAC ducting. It drives me nuts.
wow mine just started sqeaking like crazy on friday. Also passenger door sqeak I'm off tomorrow and my son is going to the babysitter all day provided the weather is somewhat decent I plan to change my diff fluid and get to the bottom of this squeek bs once and for all. it is driving me f'ing crazy. i think it may be the blower motor for the hvac, cuz it goes away completely when i turn the blower off.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a ticking in the same area...
only notice when my music isn't on...
it would be a pain to solve as it's deep inside...
no amount of 'pushing' will stop it...
sound just like yours dude...good luck...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by T&ERun
I have the same type sqeak. I think I may have found it (on mine). When I push down on my hood (on either side) it has a sqeak. I ordered "DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS" to replace my stock ones in hopes this will stop the sqeak. I had these on my 2007 JK and didn't have hood flutter or sqeaks. Hopefully this will work.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...noise....CURED!!!!!

Quick Reply: Dash making noises