Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

cutting off when put in gear

Old 03-14-2018, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutting off when put in gear

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler. We have had several instances after we start it and put it in reverse it cuts off?? The last episode when we went to start it again the starter sounded like it was dragging. It's at the dealership but they cannot get it to duplicate this...
Old 03-14-2018, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it only do it after setting for along period of time like overnight? If it doesn't die, what does it do? Does the idle drop way down and idle real rough for a second or two then smooth out? I am having a similar issue with my 2016 JKU as well. There is a pretty large forum post on one of the other wrangler forums on it. It's titled "RPM's drop or stalls when put in gear on a cold start". Doesn't seem to be a silver bullet fix. I have had my throttle body, valve body and crankshaft sensor replaced and the problem still persists.

Quick Reply: cutting off when put in gear