Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cruise Control doesn't work

Old 06-12-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control doesn't work

I bought a used 07 Jeep from a dealership. The jeep has the cruise lever, but it doesn't seem to work. doesn't turn on the cruise light when I hit it to the "on" position. This vehicle was a lease before I bought it, i'm wondering if it should have working just because the lever is there ?

Also when I bought the jeep the battery had died from sitting in the lot, could this have created an issue with the computer? is the cruise something that gets programmed in the computer?

suggestions?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On mine you need to push the cruise "On" button on the end of the speed control lever rather firmly and wait for the "Cruise" light to come on before you can engage it.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you mean by "the on position"?

There is a button on the end of the stick that you need to press to turn it on.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

sorry, I ment pressing 'on'

yah, nothing seems to happen. uconnect button also says its not avail, but that is normal I think.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BiTMAP
sorry, I ment pressing 'on'

yah, nothing seems to happen. uconnect button also says its not avail, but that is normal I think.
Can't offer much on the cruise except 3 things: 1) have you checked the fuse? 2) Have you looked in the write up section to review the install procedures (maybe you can use their install process to troubleshoot yours)? And 3) Why not take it back to where you bought it - - seems they should make it good, right?

If you have the "RER" nav radio, turning uConnect on and enabling it is very easy and cheap......like less than $40 depending on where you buy your mic and less than 30 mins in install time. Look on the bottom right of the face plate of your radio to see what three letter code it has.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control doesn't work