Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Crazy Question - 2015 left front noise

Old 08-05-2015, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Question - 2015 left front noise

Ok. I realize this is gonna sound crazy, but I'm just curious if anyone else is having this concern. 2015 unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock w/ 7k miles. Twice in the past few days I have been driving and hear a clunking noise from what seems like the left wheel area and can feel it in my feet through the floorboards. It's done this once before a month or so ago so it's very intermittent and when it happens it usually only occurs at speeds over say 40mph. So far if I stop the Jeep and turn it off and then back on it goes away. Any ideas? Anyone else experience this? I would take it to the dealer but I can't reproduce on demand. Thanks for reading my crazy story.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

You're not crazy or the only one experiencing this noise. Other threads suggest shocks may be the problem. Mine has the sound on cold days and slow speeds. Dealer no help. Now that it is summer, I have not heard the noise for several months. Oh, have 14 JKR Rubicon w/o lift.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Just read another post. Break pedal seems to be the problem. One post suggested a thick rubber band around break pedal & clutch if you have a six speed.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think it is a brake pedal issue, at least for me. My Rubicon is an auto.
Shocks seem more likely.
It almost sounds like a rock is stuck somewhere up in the suspension. I don't know enough technically to describe it. Just hoping I could find enough people who have had to problem, that I could explain it to a dealer.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2015 JKU Sahara automatic and I got the sound after I lifted it. But all the shocks are fine and the noise seems to be a rattle from the break pedal. It feels very loose and when I shake the pedal, I can replicate the rattle noise. But I don't know how to fix it..

Quick Reply: Crazy Question - 2015 left front noise