Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Crap...ALL SES lights came on while driving..

Old 06-30-2007, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap...ALL SES lights came on while driving..

Dang...I thought this mysterious issue had missed my JK. I was on my way to go off roading and cruising about 65-70mph...all of sudden all the dash SES lights came on, the speedo died, the tach died...but the Jeep was still running....I touched the throttle and less then a second everything was back to normal....I mean this entire scenario was maybe 2 seconds max....wierd. Freaked me out for a second and was cautious but everything has been fine. This was with about 3800miles on the JK.

Anyway.....wierd...I am a little concerned but the Jeep performed flawlessly after this. Its like it never happened.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JeepDog
Dang...I thought this mysterious issue had missed my JK. I was on my way to go off roading and cruising about 65-70mph...all of sudden all the dash SES lights came on, the speedo died, the tach died...but the Jeep was still running....I touched the throttle and less then a second everything was back to normal....I mean this entire scenario was maybe 2 seconds max....wierd. Freaked me out for a second and was cautious but everything has been fine. This was with about 3800miles on the JK.

Anyway.....wierd...I am a little concerned but the Jeep performed flawlessly after this. Its like it never happened.
Check out the threads on stall bugs,,,

welcome to owning a JK..
Old 07-01-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepDog

Wow, JeepDog, same thing happened to me...with about exactly the same miles on my Jeep...same speed also. I was going slightly downhill on a slight curve. (I was pulling a trailer though.) It hasn't happened to me since So I had kinda forgotten about it.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schwarzjp
Wow, JeepDog, same thing happened to me...with about exactly the same miles on my Jeep...same speed also. I was going slightly downhill on a slight curve. (I was pulling a trailer though.) It hasn't happened to me since So I had kinda forgotten about it.
Yeah it was weird Joe....Hopefully I am lucky and I will never see it again.

BTW...check your PM's....

Quick Reply: Crap...ALL SES lights came on while driving..