Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Crap!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Been over a month and had kind of moved on. Then logged on today and saw the newer replies. I used Mopar roller pen touch-up like "Deadspot" mentioned and worked pretty well ( appears like two pieces of sewing thread, very thin) and have toyed with the idea of what to do to try and make it blend in better. "09rubico" had some good advice tho seemed more aimed at spray paint to me. Thanks to all!
Same advice would apply to spray paint, or any blend for that matter, your just working in a smaller area is all. All I was trying to get across is Touch-Up paint can actually work really well, but you have to put more effort into it than just applying it.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Same advice would apply to spray paint, or any blend for that matter, your just working in a smaller area is all. All I was trying to get across is Touch-Up paint can actually work really well, but you have to put more effort into it than just applying it.
Thank's Bud, I guess im afraid of making a bad thing worse. I might try to Clay bar the two area's to see if that help's smooth them out. Thank's again!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Thank's Bud, I guess im afraid of making a bad thing worse. I might try to Clay bar the two area's to see if that help's smooth them out. Thank's again!
If you want to get some practice first try doing a scratch on the underside of your hood or a doorjam where it wont be seen, if you like the results do the big scratch.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

I have red touch up paint and white touch up paint. So what if my Jeep's sliver?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
I have red touch up paint and white touch up paint. So what if my Jeep's sliver?
Congrat's - Your a Touch up paint Collector! (actually congrat's may not right)
Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by seer1
Buy a red Jk and white JK and dont worry about the scratches on the silver one.

Quick Reply: Crap!!!