Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Coolant leak

Old 12-13-2021, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JKUR Coolant leak

Noticed a couple of months ago a small coolant leak. Replaced cap and it went away but noticed it again yesterday. Using dye the highest point I can find wet fluid is the tab right above the hose on passenger side. Nothing wet around the cap or small upper hose. From the tab you can partially see the trail down (large coolant hose under tab, etc.) Wiped it off and ran the jeep for 30 minutes but did not see anymore accumulating. Anyone seen a leak from that area? Any other place to look.

Tab part I am talking about is on right side (passenger) just above large coolant hose midway up

Last edited by JDaPP; 12-13-2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Have you removed the fan shroud to take a look at the full back side? The common leak is right where the fins are meeting the plastic sides, but the view is typically obstructed by the fan shroud. It just takes a couple minutes to yank the airbox out and a couple screws which then allows the fan shroud to be lifted up and out for a full inspection of the back side of the radiator. Long ago I had a nagging little leak that I could never find signs of......till I took that fan shroud off and then it was clear as day. You may or may not find signs of a leak, but it doesn't take long at all to get that on/off to inspect.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will take a look, thanks.

Quick Reply: Coolant leak