Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Coolant Color

Old 07-19-2020, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Color

Hey guys, quick question:

I have a 2009 JKU. From what I understand my Jeep uses the orange HOAT coolant, not to be confused with the purple OAT coolant the newer Wranglers use. My overflow reservoir is a bit low so I would like to top it off. When looking at the reservoir, the coolant appears pink. Insider the radiator it appears more orange. As far as I’m aware nobody has ever added coolant to the Jeep.

Does anyone else’s older Jeep’s HOAT coolant look pink in their reservoir and not orange?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2020, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The colors are very screwy when you look at them in containers but yes- the HOAT is what you want.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 479 Likes on 430 Posts

I have to use GM stuff in mine now so yet another coolant but it is the orange color like the earlier Mopar. What happened to the days of one anti-freeze?
Old 07-19-2020, 10:21 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

What Karl wrote is correct, and throw in the color balance of the light under which you're looking at it. I would describe Mopar HOAT as pink, not orange.

Quick Reply: Coolant Color