Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Coolant

Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant

Hi all have a quick question I have a 2007 jeep wrangler and in the book the coolant should be measured in the overflow container but on mine it has no lines to use as a indicator, so how much show be there about half way ??
Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
kik
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenhornet
Hi all have a quick question I have a 2007 jeep wrangler and in the book the coolant should be measured in the overflow container but on mine it has no lines to use as a indicator, so how much show be there about half way ??
There should be a max line on the tank. When your engine is hot see where the coolant level is. If it's still in the bottom quarter of the tank you can add but if it's at least half way you should leave it. It's better if it's a bit under than over filled. I go by if I can see coolant in the tank with a cold engine I leave it alone.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenhornet
Did you look on the side of the tank closest to the driver's fender?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

There should be lines on the tank. A tip: I found that when I filled mine such that it touched the max line when hot, that was too much. Not for normal driving, but rather when wheeling. Things like this will cause it to overflow a little, so I now keep it so it's barely over the min line when hot ...

Quick Reply: Coolant