Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Confused about Dual Top group

Old 10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't find your window sticker, follow this link -

http://www-5.jeep.com/webselfservice...m%28%27R%27%29

It is the Jeep website, click in contact us and send them an email. I sent them an email and requested my build sheet. Fill in all the blanks and send it off. I got my reply in just a few days.

Dual tops means two brother, don't accept any less. The way it shows on Brettzky's would be if you only got the hard top. The soft top is standard and it shows under standard equipment, the hard top would be an option, and listed under options. My sticker shows soft top and then dual top under options. Just like I have 17" wheels under standard, and 18" under options - I didn't get 10 wheels and tires and didn't get boned by only getting the 18s.

Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

They are for sure trying to rip you off. Here is a pic of my window sticker, you may have to zoom in to see it good but it says Dual top and I have both tops.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Yep dual=2.

Bought mine aug 31st with both tops, someone is trying to pull a fast one on ya....
Old 10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I smell a rat I always get a lawyer , ...They are not gonna give you any satisfaction unless you send them a letter and demand retribution . They are already assuming you are an idiot , F--- them and get a lawyer and send a letter in to your local stations and call the better business bureau make them squeal those a---holes.
They think everybody's as stupid as they are till they get caught with their pants down. which has just happened .
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gamisou
Hard top comes mounted, with the soft top in boxes inside the Jeep. :

This is not entirely true, the hard top comes mounted while the soft top mounted to the roll bar inside. The windows and soft top frames come in boxes. You have to remove the hard top to take the soft top out. I know, I have them both.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

All you have to do is remove the carter pins from both sides and oila you've detached it and because the whole soft top is wrapped in their vinyl cover all you have to do is maneuver it out the back window. I have both also and last night I did just that in my brothers 2 door Rubicon. He has had his car for a year and never used the soft top just left it in the vehicle and decided to remove it last night while it was raining no less.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Either or, it should've been in the Jeep, Post the name of the dealer on here so none of us give those fucks any business.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank You!
My sentiments exactly and to go a little further print out all of the responses and hand them to him w/the lawyers letter!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're owed what you paid for... Go into the dealership and tell them your story. Don't let them give you excuses, know your stuff, and have supporting information (your sticker). If this doesn't help, then start making phone calls....

This thread kind of reminded me of my Silverado. In 1999, they first rolled out the next gen silverado. About a year after we bought ours, (brand new, ordered from the factory) we got a recall notice. Apparently GM "forgot" to put in the transmission coolers in all of the 1999 silverados with the tow package option... So you paid for it and never got it. Basically, the recall, though, gave you the option of a credit for the cost of the cooler, or free installation of a new cooler...

Quick Reply: Confused about Dual Top group