Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Confused about Dual Top group

Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused about Dual Top group

On my sticker price is shows "Dual Top group" on my 07 Rubicon. But only have the hard top. So what the hell is the dual top? When I asked my dealer, they obviously said, that you either get the hard top or soft top. Or am I just misinformed?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

if your sticker says dual top group it means that your jeep was supposed to come with both a soft top and hard top and somehow you got screwed... go back there and raise hell until they give you one as you paid for it. if its on your sticker it shoulda been on your jeep, no ifs ands or buts! someone who was buying a jeep that was truly only a hardtop probably talked the dealer into giving them a softop so they would buy it, or someone took your for a test drive without a salesmen in it and figured, heck, in twenty minutes with the help of a friend, i can have a free soft top and save like 1500 bucks. i personally took many JKs on test drives for 30 to 45 minutes without any salesmen with me and only a couple of them asked to see my license. They figured i'd have to come back for the TJ i was driving at the time sooner or later. I personally never took anything out of any of those JKs but i surely could have without anyone ever knowing or being able to track me. one more thing. My rubicon came from the dealer with just a hardtop and thats exactly what it said on the sticker... Hardtop upgrade or whatever they call it NOT DUAL TOPS!!! i now have both tops thanks to a great member of this forum selling me his for a great price. thats all i've got to say, sorry for the book, i hope you get this settled.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Dual Top Group means you get both tops from the factory. Hard top comes mounted, with the soft top in boxes inside the Jeep. Sounds like those scumbags pulled a fast one on you. Go back there demanding your soft top. Its prob in a box somewhere in the parts dept. Thats bullshit
Old 10-06-2007, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

Also if you got the dual top it should be a Sunrider Soft Top......FYI....
Old 10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im tryign to find my window sticker now. I know it said Dual top group, but now for some reason, (even after tearing my house apart) I cant find my sticker price. Is this something the dealership has a copy of?, Or something they can pop in the VIN and find out the added options and what not?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

My dealer put my vin into the computer once when i was in for one of my free oil changes... it spat out the original build sheet, i did have everything listed so yes this is something they can do for you. if your dealer where you baught it wont do it then they are being really sheisty and you should go to another deal to get the build sheet, then back to your dealer to get your top.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have been grossly misinformed...they owe you a sunrider soft top...definitely get a print out at another dealership and then if your dealer gives you a problem call the better business bureau and report them then get a lawyer on those f---s and
demand that top. Although they are all really stupid and none of them know what comes in the car, when I started looking around for a Rubicon of course no one had any then I asked if they really came with a 450 watt sound system because for this whole year there have been ads in mens health and vanity fair to name a few and they picture a black Rubicon and in the article explaining the beginnings of the Rubicon they go on to say you can get one one with actually it was 468 watt 9 speaker system okay I ripped the pages out of the magazine ( it was a two page spread of this beautiful machine) the second dealer I went to had no idea either so I handed him the article and he tried to search it down but got nothing ....long story short....They have no clue! Good Luck I hope you get that top and don't stop pursuing it until you do..YOU PAID FOR IT!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Call corporate relations - you've been robbed!

Dual-tops includes:
1 Hard top
1 soft top

Make them suffer, have no mercy.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got lucky, the one time the dealers stupidity backfired on them. My jk was on the lot with a factory soft top as stated on the sticker. I told them to put a hardtop on for me, after looking quickly on the computer, the salesman said it would be only $595 more, now I don't know if he was looking at the price for a soft top or the labor to install a hard top, anyway I gotta brand new hardtop really cheap, I think dealer price is around $2400.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fight for what you paid for!

I had a big fight with this with my dealer. My sticker had both the soft top and hard top listed and I kept asking where the soft top was. The final answer was that the hardtop replaces the soft top (although It's not listed that way). They then threw out the "you didn't pay for the dual top group line - which I would have had I known the deal before I signed over the check. I wasn't going to let them "aftermarket" me on that so i relented on the soft top. In retrospect I should not have backed down.

Dude, sounds like you need to get rather aggressive with these guys via the Corporate Relations folks.

Quick Reply: Confused about Dual Top group