Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Confirm that this is the Auxiliary ATF Cooler?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confirm that this is the Auxiliary ATF Cooler?

Hi all. I've been waiting a month for delivery of my new 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon which I ordered with the AHQ "Max Tow" package. Meanwhile, because I have plans to do a lot of towing, including regularly pulling a 2,000 lb camper-trailer to campgrounds requiring a 4,000 ft climb on a 6 mile road, as well as at other times pulling a boat with a little more weight to a lake on an only slightly less steep climb, I had concerns about the transmission's temperature.

So I spent the past month trying to get information about installing a MoPar auxiliary cooler. My dealer's parts and service guys couldn't remember ever installing one (even though I actually planned to do it myself), even after showing a listing in the Jeep parts website. So I was left thinking that I would have to install an aftermarket one like B&M's.

But low and behold, my Jeep was delivered on Thursday and the first thing I upgraded, tonight, was the headlights with TruckLite's LED headlights (the new kind with the heating element in the glass because we have snowy, slushy, icy winters here). But when I took off the grill, I couldn't believe my eyes (and how lucky I think I am) -- I saw what looks like the actual MoPar auxiliary ATF cooler that I wanted to install all along.

Here's a picture. It is the ATF cooler, isn't it? I guess they include it in their MaxTow (AHQ) package, even though there's no mention of it (they only mention the receiver and the 4-pole hookup). No wonder this option is so expensive!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ATF Aux cooler.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	618417  
Old 07-19-2015, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it...I think they come stock with the 3.6l, but I could be mistaken.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-260825780.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	618509

I had to install mine...3.8l

Last edited by bluebear; 07-19-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Confirm that this is the Auxiliary ATF Cooler?