Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

is the COD MW3 JK built on the Rubicon platform?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ranjr
So you're confirming the lift and winch is available as an option to be selected at time of order? Or are you saying its a dealer add-on like any other Mopar accessory? I have not tried build one as I already have a 2012 but it's my understanding the factory would not install either due to liability issues.
I have not tried to build one either, but the only one I have seen at a dealer already had a lift and winch installed. I did not ask if it was a factory option or done by the dealer.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer the OP's question. Both the Black Ops edition and this year's MW3 edition are based on Rubicon. I found this info out in about 10 secs by visiting the Jeep website.

Since there's really only Rubicon and non-Rubicon Jeeps when it comes to actual off roading capability - all other special edition Jeeps are built on a non-Rubicon model.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just came from Tacoma Jeep and they had #0017 of 3500 MW3 sitting in the showroom for $45,500..... Yes it's a rubicon with the $6500 package.... and the $5000 additional dealer markup to make the "Additional Sticker" price over $50K..... It had the AEV front and rear bumper, but no winch, that must be a dealer add on. The one I saw had a metal cover plate over the hole for the winch, and no winch hoop. You can get the base Rubi for $33,500 and put the other $12K in mods yourself and make a better Jeep IMO....

Last edited by armycop; 12-12-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
To answer the OP's question. Both the Black Ops edition and this year's MW3 edition are based on Rubicon. I found this info out in about 10 secs by visiting the Jeep website.

Since there's really only Rubicon and non-Rubicon Jeeps when it comes to actual off roading capability - all other special edition Jeeps are built on a non-Rubicon model.
Based upon what I saw on the webpage, I was confident that it was indeed a Rubi, but my buddy told me that the dealer outright stated to him that the COD was not built on the Rubicon platform.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by btadlock
Based upon what I saw on the webpage, I was confident that it was indeed a Rubi, but my buddy told me that the dealer outright stated to him that the COD was not built on the Rubicon platform.
Dealers are not smart. Multimillion dollar Jeep corporate marketing would not make a mistake like that.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop
I just came from Tacoma Jeep and they had #0017 of 3500 MW3 sitting in the showroom for $45,500..... Yes it's a rubicon with the $6500 package.... and the $5000 additional dealer markup to make the "Additional Sticker" price over $50K..... It had the AEV front and rear bumper, but no winch, that must be a dealer add on. The one I saw had a metal cover plate over the hole for the winch, and no winch hoop. You can get the base Rubi for $33,500 and put the other $12K in mods yourself and make a better Jeep IMO....
Yeah but you won't get the cool sticker, right? LOL.

Quick Reply: is the COD MW3 JK built on the Rubicon platform?