Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch questions?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch questions?

I lost my clutch( 07 jk) at 60k. I've not been hard it and owned it since it had 8k miles. I'm replacing it at the moment along with everything that goes with it. Upon tear down I found that plastic knobby thing the throwot bearing uses as a fulcrum to have three washers behind it. One looked factory the other two look like hardware store specials? Anyone know what that's about? I also replaced the slave cylinder and the new one leaks out where the line goes into it. Did I loose an o-ring? I couldn't find one on the old one? Advice would be good now, as I'm pulling the tranny back out (didn't realize the pilot bearing had a seal!)... Thanks.....
Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you did lose your o ring. As for the washers, if they are in the cluch fork then this is a fix to adjust preload on throwout bearing to stop TB noise.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The washers: Keep them in? Refigure preload? I think keep them in. Did Jeep do this? Thanks for the advice. We are talking a pretty damn small o-ring. 1/8" inside diameter?.......Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Clutch questions?