Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch noise on JK: Normal or Problem?

Old 04-02-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch noise on JK: Normal or Problem?

I recently bought a 2009 Wrangler. I noticed a click at the top of the clutch pedal from underneath, in first and second. Stopped in a parking lot and I could hear some creaking to the clutch while pressing in and releasing. After reading several posts, I decided that the best course of action was to first replace the clutch slave cylinder. What an unimpressive piece of machinery. Seems to be all plastic. Anyways, finished the job and tested the clutch. No noise at all.

30 minutes down the road, a click near the bottom of the clutch pedal and top of the clutch pedal started. The creaking is still gone. I am okay if this is a common noise. But if there is something else I need to be concerned about, please advise. Thanks in advance.

I have no issues shifting and no struggles putting it in any gear.

Quick Reply: Clutch noise on JK: Normal or Problem?