Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch Disc Squeak

Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed my squeal when I took my top down a couple weeks ago - never heard it with the top up all winter. It's very high pitched and only happened when the clutch pedal was all the way up, if I pushed it down about 1/4", the squeak went away.

I brought it to my dealer with 6K miles and 17 months - they said it wasn't technically covered by the warranty because it's over 12 months, but considering my mileage they would cover it. They had to order the parts, which only took a couple days.

The work statement says:

* Replaced clutch and pressure plate
Parts:
52104732AC CLTCH KITPRESS
53008342 BEARING CLUTC

It no longer squeals, and the clutch pedal is much softer and engages much lower as other people have mentioned - this feels very strange after driving it for over a year with a hard clutch pedal and engaging towards the top.

I'm taking it back in tomorrow morning because the steering is now tugging to one side which I never noticed before I brought it in for this fix.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Angry

After waiting for two hours at the dealership, they said the steering was within factory specifications, and nothing they did would've changed my steering - but they said they made adjustments to align the steering wheel closer to center.

When I drove it away, I still had to keep the steering wheel turned slightly left the same as when I brought it in, it really was no different.

I think I preferred the squeaky clutch over misaligned steering, not sure though, they both have their ups and downs
Old 12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

New on here but I've got a squeak when shifting gears and the same squeak at low rpms when I give it gas:( any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Clutch Disc Squeak