Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clutch dead on 2007!!??!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed oil like fluid leaking from the transmission housing a day or two ago. I didn't think anything of it until now.

Another problem I recently ran into was taking my jeep into the service Dept and them saying I had no rotating oil in the jeep. I was extremely surprised by this due to the fact I always change my oil on time and this time was 1000 miles early. They said it was comic from the oil filter which they replaced. I checked my oil every 4 days or so after to see if the problem occurred again. I thought the oil on the tranny might be from that filter leak, but noticed it dripping directly from the housing. Looked like oil, felt like oil, smelled like oil. So I'm gonna take a wild guess at that one.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

The slave cylinder problem sounds like a more plausible cause than transmission housing alignment. And this indeed should be a fix covered under warranty I'm guessing...despite larger tires and a lift...which would have nothing to do with this leaking?
Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would assume it won't be covered considering clutches and related components are considered normal wear on manual Trans.
I'm gonna bet though your slave is the entire problem...the good news is they around 80 bucks and are pretty easy to replace. Here's a link with good info and a pic for reference.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...stall-Write-Up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120126_222753.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	270415  
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where would I look at to check to see if I am low on "fluid"? I know oil, antifreeze and that's about it
Old 01-26-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Unforgivable
Where would I look at to check to see if I am low on "fluid"? I know oil, antifreeze and that's about it
The clutch fluid is shared with the break fluid...check your break master cylinder for proper amount.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

My clutch went out at maybe 30,000. Went to drive home from work and it just wouldn't move. Got towed to a dealer and they said it wasn't covered and wasn't their (chryslers) fault. No dice, they just said the right things to get me mad enough to storm out.

My 07 was riddled with problems and NOTHING was covered by chrysler. I've spent as much on repairs as I did in 07 for it.

Worst and best investment ever. I've installed two clutch plates and bearings.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your similar luck. Are you the original owner? It sounds like y previous owners got to have all the fun with my jeep and when I vet it, it's around the time all the parts want to fall off it.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My clutch and throw out bearing in my 08 went out at 21k (I was the second owner and picked it up at 20k). They wouldn't cover it till I brought it back and parked it out front. I walked in threw the keys on the salesman desk and said I don't want it anymore. After about 20mins of me telling them I don't want it anymore, they paid for everything but the cost of the clutch. So install, bearing and new flywheel were on them
Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nathanmares
Never waste your time filing with BBB. The company is a waste. All that happens is they send a letter on your behalf to the company say that you were angry. If the dealer wants to throw it away then they can. Best bet is to almost just start at the top these days if you want something done.
I dont agree with this post. Well, partly anyway. Consumers like me look at the BBB rating business' receive and I will not use a company if they have a poor rating from the BBB. I agree that the company can just throw away the letter from them, but if they get enough letters and their rating drops, they WILL lose business. Follow through with the BBB as well.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

It might just be the slave cylinder. I have not read to much about the clutches being a problem with these Jeeps. I have 155000k on mine and feels almost as good as new.

Quick Reply: Clutch dead on 2007!!??!