Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

clover patch question

Old 04-15-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clover patch question

Hi all i have searched and found only one thread concerning what my question is. Since it was nice today i figured i would try out my new clover patch roll . the question i have is for those of you with the clover patch when you insert your side windows and roll them do you put them in with the black outside facing you or the grayish inside facing you? It says in the directions that they must face same way with rigid edges next to one another but not on top of each other so i am guessing you just slide one a little further towards the edge of the roll then the other. I also am concerned especially after unrolling them that edge that goes into the door frame was deformed. How good is this too keep rolled mine was pretty deformed when i unrolled it and i am wondering if this is going to be a problem in the long run as far as bending unbending the edge does anyone have and pictures of theirs after many rolls or notice any problems after rolling them in there for awhile?
Old 04-15-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine with the outside facing up. The door edge shouldn't be deformed because that's where you would start the roll. How tight is your roll? You can't have to roll it super tight. Just enough to fit in the sleeve.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

So you put yours in long ways versus sideways? my roll isn't long enough that way to lay them liek that. I thought they laid across the roll with the body flap portion into the fold of the roll?
Old 04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do see a picture showing putting them in the way you described i tried this and mine seems to long maybe i will have to try this next time.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chris15005
So you put yours in long ways versus sideways? my roll isn't long enough that way to lay them liek that. I thought they laid across the roll with the body flap portion into the fold of the roll?
Ya I put mine the long way so I don't roll up the hard flap that you did. I believe in the instructions it says to put them that way and that the end may stick out a bit.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks for the tips i will try that next time didn't seem right that the door edge would go against the roll like that wonder why the directions show a picture of them sideways?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok i tried to put mine in the way the picture above shows and my windows are too long about 15 inches hangs out of the roll anyone with an '08 have one these? my window edge for the door is getting destroyed with them rolled up my part # is 61 CLO 10-ST-9702 I emailed clover patch will see what they say. Here is what mine look like in the roll longways

versus what i seen on the website for putting them in

Last edited by chris15005; 04-16-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

yours should certainly be longer then that man. Mine fits the full window like in the picture you got from the website. You may have gotten a TJ one instead.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow i am impressed i sent one e-mail to Bob Abondolo President at cloverpatch and the problem is solved he is sending out my new one with a return lable for my old one i sent him the pictures and it seems they got mixed up at the factory with having 3 different kinds and all . The one i got is for the 4 door version i will say this this is the best customer service i have ever gotten they are great people to do buisness with and heck at 9 o clock at night even!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

x2 on Bob. I had some questions when I got my roll a year ago and he promptly responded to my email. Great product and great customer service.

Quick Reply: clover patch question