Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cloth door limiter endpoint connectins - hook and loop/guide

Old 09-24-2023, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloth door limiter endpoint connectins - hook and loop/guide

Hi everyone,

Have a new-to-me 2014 Wrangler Sahara. Super fun vehicle - had the doors and top off for the summer but just put them back on temps have cooled down here in Montana.

As everyone here is aware, the doors have that piece of fabric alongside the wire harness that limits how far the doors can open.
On my jeep, the front of that fabric limiter has a loop that fits over a hook (for easy door removal). The back of the limiter attaches to what looks like a small grab bar.
I am missing 2 of those hooks, and some of those grab bars. I have found the little grab bar looking items online, but I can't find the hooks - and I'm not sure I'm even using
the right search term.

Is there an official name for those pieces? And can anyone recommend a site to purchase them?

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2023, 05:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,700 Posts

The doorside would be referred to as a "footman loop", similar to what is at the top of the windshield. I'm sure there are more places, but here's a quick amazon link so you can see -

https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-2007.../dp/B0721R2YDR

search for "jeep jk door limiting strap hooks" for the other side and you should find a few things.

Last edited by resharp001; 09-25-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply - I just ordered some of those - great price and free delivery.

I have seen where these footman loops can be used in place of the hook I was mentioning, so will probably just try that.

Thanks again,

CY

Quick Reply: Cloth door limiter endpoint connectins - hook and loop/guide