Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clockspring and rubi

Old 07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clockspring and rubi

So my 09 rubi has a bad clockspring, and now I'm having issue with the rear locker. Jeep has said that the locker is controlled by computer and will unlock if your doing something that requires the power to be split and flash the indication. It will unlock as soon as you make a turn on level ground, but my airbag light goes out as soon as I make a turn as well ( clockspring). So to all you rubi owners with a bad clock spring, does your rear locker unlock on its own? And if you changed it did it start to operate normally?
I'm in Canada and they don't have the recall going on up here for bad clocksprings, so its coming out of my pocket. As well where is the best spot/cheepest for a new clockspring?
Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clock spring has no effect in low range and if you are locked or not. When mine is locked its locked no matter what position the wheel is in.

Does your front unlock when you turn if you have front and rear lockers engaged. I bet not!!

This post sounds similar to one last week I think. The problem is your dealer is clueless on how these things work.

If it is supposed to unlock when turning have them show you where this is described in the owners manual and in the diagnostic information that they have.

Bet a beer that they can not show you the documentation.

There is an internal problem or electrical problem if it is coming out of lock.

Quick Reply: Clockspring and rubi