Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Clockspring Recall / Extended Warranty

Old 12-31-2021, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clockspring Recall / Extended Warranty

Hoping this helps others that may run into this issue. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU and the airbag light came on. Did a little research and found a recall for the clockspring, but the "recall" appeared to only cover model years back to 2012, so I thought I was out of luck. I tried doing a VIN lookup on recalls but nothing returned for my vehicle, so thought I was going to have to pay out of pocket. I finally called the recall phone number 1 800 853 1403 and was told that even though there wasn't a recall that an "extended warranty" was issued for this problem as long as the right code was triggered. They called this a X-code warranty and it's good for 180 months/unlimited miles. They specifically referred to it as a X68 JK Clockspring extended warranty. Since I had the right code being triggered, got it fixed for $0 at the dealer.

The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (12-31-2021)
Old 01-05-2023, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect timing

I just started experiencing the same thing with my 2011 jku. Thanks for the info, I got the same code… I will be contacting a dealership asap to get fixed! Should I call the FCA main number ahead of time? Cheers.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

I think a lot of times that Mopar clockspring is back ordered. I'd suggest this is a DIY job and the Crown unit is a lot cheaper. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle of the dealer vs. just $160 and knocking it out yourself and moving on with life.

Quick Reply: Clockspring Recall / Extended Warranty