Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

clock loosing time

Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clock loosing time

So this sounds a little crazy. I took my Jeep in for some work as the warranty will be out in another 3k miles and mentioned that the clock runs slow and about once a month I have to reset it. He asked if I was also having trouble with the starter not kicking in with the key. I wasn't, but he then told he they have this problems in the Dodges as well and the problem is a bad ignition control module.
They replaced it - under warranty. ticket reads "1 - 5026071AR module-control module fc: UC Part#: count:" Since then (about 2 weeks) my clock has been right. I had to reprogram my spare key to the new module.
Do you think this is legit? I have seen other threads with either clocks that don't keep time or ignitions that don't want to work at times. I just can't imagine that the clock function for the radio would be held in the ignition module. But then again, you never know with these new fangled things!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow interesting... in both of my JK's I have had the issue that the clock keeps crappy time... a local radio station here gives a "bleep" at the top of every hour from the atomic clock.. and I will set my jeep clock dead on with that radio station and within days ill notice it is off.. and in a month will be as much as 2-3 minutes... annoying!..

dealer just says it is normal for all of the 6 disc / DVD radios on the whole line of cars.. they have tried software updates, replacing the radios etc in the past to no avail.. so I just got used to it..

I dont have any starting problems.. and honestly after all the electrical issue in my last JK since this one is flawless except for that I have not wanted anyone to take anything apart or work on anything... dont want something to end up broken
-Christopher
Old 06-04-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine loses time too. I thought I'd bring it up to the dealership when I take it in to have them look at my steering clunk & see what they say. I'll post whatever nonsense they use to justify it once I take it in.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

My Rubicon looses time too. I have diesel engine and no ignition problems
Old 06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Default lost time

i also have the same problem with my 09 X and 2010 islander.. having to reset the time atleast once a month. i smell a re-call..
Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only digital clock I have seen that can't keep time is the one on the RES head unit in our 2010 JKU. Only in a Jeep!

If the "5026071AR module-control" was the culprit I would have thought it would have been incorporated in the '10s unless it's production is more recent than my 10/09 build date.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Junkie

Mine usually goes down a minute or two every month until I notice that it's like 10 minutes off then I change it real quick.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

yes, about 2 minutes every month. I notice it from the first minute because I wear a radio controlled wrist watch that updates every night.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

same thing is happening to me.... my clock is 8 mins slow. if i fix it it just gets all messed up again in around a month, so i just am usually late everywhere i go
Old 06-05-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

mine does the same. It's a real POS! but who cares, its a Jeep and I have a TAG watch that keeps real time.

Quick Reply: clock loosing time