Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cleaning matte black rims

Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cleaning matte black rims

Does anyone have a suggestion on cleaning matte black rims and making them look like they are not worn. I have used water and rubbed most of the dirt and brake dust off but i still want to apply a chemical to protect them....any suggestions appreciatted.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use magyars quick detail spray wax. The first time it took a little rubbing with a towel but then it is a quick touch up when I wash my rims. Makes them look more black too.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them on my WRX. The best way to clean them is after spraying it off with water and soap (cleaning), spray some quick detailing spray on it. If you want to keep them looking good, get some collinites 845 liquid wax and use it on the wheels (and the whole jeep!).

845 is the best stuff ever. I even use it on my hardtop!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:19 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I had them on my WRX. The best way to clean them is after spraying it off with water and soap (cleaning), spray some quick detailing spray on it. If you want to keep them looking good, get some collinites 845 liquid wax and use it on the wheels (and the whole jeep!).

845 is the best stuff ever. I even use it on my hardtop!
X2 on the Collinite wax. It's now close to 6 months since I've waxed the Jeep and it's still beading like the day it was applied. Also, dirt and dust washes away so much easier.

Quick Reply: Cleaning matte black rims