Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cigarette Lighter HELP!!!

Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onecrazyfuq
I tried keeping the lighter held but the element just wont heat up but the receptacle still works when I use a cell phone charger
If Lighter is pushed in and it will not stay in, this isn't the Lighter....The Lighter stays in without power holding it....In Fact the Power is what makes it Pop out when Element reaches the right temp to make it Pop out, designed to. If you push it in and it doesn't Stay, those 2 Tabs in Pics I posted, are the Holders that hold the Lighter in....Not staying in on it's on Has Nothing to do with a Burnt Element. Burnt out Element would keep it from Poping out...
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Don't make this any more complicated than it needs to be. The lighter element has burned open. Get a new lighter and be done with it.
What Holds the Lighter in while it Heats up????? You did read that he says he held it in, meaning it didn't hold in on it's own....A Burnt Element Coil has no effect on what holds the Lighter in while heating....Those two Tabs in Pic, that is what holds it in til the imternal parts , that are designed to make a movement, when a certain Temp causes it to pop out.....
What's Complicated is advising to buy a new Lighter when the Lighter isn't what holds itself inside the Socket. The Socket would be the Problem here, cause it doesn't Hold the Lighter IN....Pressure from the 2 Tabs, Grabs the Lighter, holds it againt the center pc to complete the circuit, causing coil to heat up, metal expands/contracts and Pops OUT....you have them making 2 trips, and buying extra/wrong parts....
Electricity does not Hold the Lighter in....
Thanks for your Complicated Fix

Quick Reply: Cigarette Lighter HELP!!!