Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Chip Upgrade

Old 12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the JET module, either level 1 or level 2?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKlad
Even if I didn't get any more power I'd buy one solely for the fact that it gets rid of the throttle delay. It's been driving me nuts since day 1 but I just assumed that it's a feature of the fly-by-wire that I can't do anything about and have learned to live with it.

Can anyone else confirm that this is the case regarding the electronic throttle delay being eliminated by the Superchips (or any other) programmer?
In the superchips advanced tunes you can go into the options

-> Pedal response and you can choose 3 settings: Stock, Moderate and Superchips. I went Moderate as at lower speeds in 2 or 3 gear the pedal was very sensitive and pretty jerky. However, moderate has work great still plenty of response of the start.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 08 6speed 3.21 gears and bought the Jet stage one from Autoanything.com. for $119 on a sale. I didn't feel much performance gain out of it but my MPG did go up from 16-17mpg to about 18-19mpg and long highway cruising at 70-75 mpg I get up to 22mpg. Throttle response got a little better but still has a tiny delay. It did not get rid of my knocking/ pinging from my engine but I am chalking that up to the fact I have one of the oil drinking motors that you've all probably read about in other threads. The only time I did not get the knocking was when I put high octane and octane boost additive into the tank as a test. But I can't afford to to that every fill up so I switched back to 89. I go for my state emission test in Jan. So I'm curios as to how it will affect that.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
In the superchips advanced tunes you can go into the options

-> Pedal response and you can choose 3 settings: Stock, Moderate and Superchips. I went Moderate as at lower speeds in 2 or 3 gear the pedal was very sensitive and pretty jerky. However, moderate has work great still plenty of response of the start.
Thankyou; just the type of detailed response I was after!

Quick Reply: Chip Upgrade