Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cheapest way to get a replacement key

Old 03-01-2023, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Originally Posted by stagekraft
(was gonna add a pic, but looks like I cant just paste it here, have to upload to some URL thingy?).
If you "copy" a picture and then click the imagine icon you can typically simply "paste" the picture there where it's asking for the URL and it will pull your pasted pic from your clipboard in. That is what I do most of the time. If you are trying to paste multiple pictures you usually have to do that process for each individual pic vs being able to pull multiple files in at once from a folder.

Originally Posted by stagekraft
JSCAN seems the most popular, but it is a phone based app (my old flip phone goes ring-ring and I say hello).

Also, a hardy

Last edited by resharp001; 03-01-2023 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
If you "copy" a picture and then click the imagine icon you can typically simply "paste" the picture there where it's asking for the URL and it will pull your pasted pic from your clipboard in. That is what I do most of the time. If you are trying to paste multiple pictures you usually have to do that process for each individual pic vs being able to pull multiple files in at once from a folder.
Oh, I see now, silly me, I missed that..

This is the 4 digit code on the window sticker.
Can any confirm if this is indeed the PIN?

JohnR
Old 03-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Sometimes I see we get better deals than our US cousins. This is one of those cases whereas the Dodge Dealer quoted me $190CDN ($140US) to give me a FOB from Mopar with the key cut by VIN input into the machine. I might do that instead of farting around. But there are companies that sell FOBs that will work for around $50. I used to have contact details but lost it sorry. They also claim that sometimes those cheap alternatives let you down on occasion.

Quick Reply: Cheapest way to get a replacement key