Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

changing coolant...flush? help...

Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing coolant...flush? help...

I noticed my wifes 08 reservoir was almost empty. We were headed on a 400 mile trip so I just filled it up with some.peak stuff I had that I have added to it before.....got home started looking at coolant issues on Jeeps....so realized I used wrong antifreeze.....heading to get the stuff from stellarship. Was going to.drain rad and resv. Should I flush the system....I dont know how, but would rather do it myself if it needs it. Also how do I feel rad back up.....if I feel reservoir will it fill the rad?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jstrong394
I noticed my wifes 08 reservoir was almost empty. We were headed on a 400 mile trip so I just filled it up with some.peak stuff I had that I have added to it before.....got home started looking at coolant issues on Jeeps....so realized I used wrong antifreeze.....heading to get the stuff from stellarship. Was going to.drain rad and resv. Should I flush the system....I dont know how, but would rather do it myself if it needs it. Also how do I feel rad back up.....if I feel reservoir will it fill the rad?
Since its an 08, you should probably do a full flush and replace it all.

You can get the Zerex G-05 HOAT coolant at regular auto parts stores, too.

If you go to the dealer make sure they don't give you the new OAT stuff.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to find my leak as well....
First pic looks and feels like it has had a leak, what would that be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130608_110325.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	465937

Second pic is from the pass side by oil pan looks like a possible leak....what could that be?

Name:	ForumRunner_20130608_110502.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	465939

Third pic is where Trans meets the engine...it was a red fluid hanging on looked like tranny fluid but I haven't noticed a lose in Trans fluid

Name:	ForumRunner_20130608_110642.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	465940

Quick Reply: changing coolant...flush? help...