Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

changed plugs how do they look?

Old 08-20-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
They look as though they need to be gapped.

I would gap them and put them back in.
Mine were out of spec at 40k, if anyone is past that I would certainly suggest checking them and either re-gap or replace them.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Looks good,ours looked the same at 70k
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Mine were out of spec at 40k, if anyone is past that I would certainly suggest checking them and either re-gap or replace them.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
I rather expect that the spec takes into account the wear. I changed mine at 94K miles--would have gone to 100K miles, as recommended on the maintenance schedule, but was putting a dual-battery tray in that makes the job more difficult so took care of it at the same time. No difference in Jeep performance, gas mileage, acceleration, nothing. Don't waste money. Plugs are good for 100K miles if you buy the right ones. And the wear is taken into account by the engineers.

Oh, and OP, your plugs looked fine. Pretty much identical to mine, except the gap was likely larger on mine from ordinary wear.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the comments. Did run into a problem when I changed them and the wires. I'm getting interference with the FM radio. Called Quadratec and they are sending me A set of Mopar wires.

Quick Reply: changed plugs how do they look?