Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Change diff fluids

Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change diff fluids

So i have a little more than 16k miles on my jeep 2008 unlimited should i be looking into change diff fluids or anything else for that matter besides oil changes every 3k miles.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrokrawler
So i have a little more than 16k miles on my jeep 2008 unlimited should i be looking into change diff fluids or anything else for that matter besides oil changes every 3k miles.

Thanks
Depends. Can you post more info about your rig and how you use it. (manual or auto transmission, is it lifted, big tires, do you tow, where/how do you wheel, daily driver, etc.)

You may want to post in the stock (or modified) sections so more folks'll see it. Extreme is for major modifications, I just happened to catch your thread title.

Maybe an Admin will move it for you.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Moved to Stock and +1 on more info regarding your use of the JK.

I changed mine to synthetic at around 5K but that was due to mud slinging and submerging it now and then.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default jk

well i use it as a dailly driver have 19k plus miles on it now i do offroad it sometimes going deep but not too much anymore this last year but maybe some coming up alot more offroading ? any help appreciated
Old 04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change it every year at the very least especially if you off-road and enter deep water and mud.

Very simple preventitive maintenance job for anyone and much cheaper than taking into the Dealership. The JK has been my easiest vehicle for draining the diff's. appox. 15-20minutes each diff to drain and add new synthetic fluids. I have used 75W90 royal purple with no troubles.

Quick Reply: Change diff fluids