Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Center console question

Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Center console question

My addorable(yet mischevious) 3 year old took the knob off my aftermarket radio and dropped it down the slot where the E-Brake sits...

before i go and remove the center console, can i be sure it's there?(or is there a slot or hole in the under body where it could have fallen to the ground?)

thanks
steve
Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive pulled the console out of my 6 speed several times. It's still in there so go for it. Won't take an hour in and out. To get the shifter knobs off which is the hard part put a wrench the same size as the shifter shaft under the knob and tap on it. Have your sweet heart keep a hand on the knob so it doesn't go flying and damage it. Same thing with transfer case knob.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

It can't exit the vehicle through the center console. Both of the shifters have boots on them. The E-Brake cables have pass-thrus that have an epoxy or RTV material around them to prevent anything going in or out.

You might be able to raise the E-Brake and look through the bristles and find the knob. If it is down one of the sides you may be able to squeeze the knob out without totally removing the center console.

Finally, if it is on one side try just removing that one Torx bolt and pull out on the side.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Found the knob!!!

Life is good!! Thanks for the advice

Quick Reply: Center console question