Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Carpet Removal???

Old 06-28-2007, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Nair?.....
That was one of my first thoughts too, based on the thread title... good one.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny stuff, but back on topic...any ideas for a non permenant floor material, such as rubber? Like I said, i've looked all over and haven't come up with many good ideas.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did anyone try Mopar Rubber Floor Liner: http://www.justforjeeps.com/ruflli.html ???

This thing might be a good replacement. You don't have to worry much about wet carpet lining... mildew and/or mold...

During the spring - summer - fall season, I usually drive with tube half doors or no doors (with bikini top) even when it's raining outside (when you do that - no doors, tube doors w/ or wo/ bikini top - , make sure to bring some towel to wipe - inside of the windowshield and rearview mirror get wet from the splash etc. and lose the visibility!). I don't mind getting wet - it's fun! So, my floor (especially along the door sills area) gets wet all the time. Also, the cargo area gets wet, of course. So far, the carpet lining is handling well - looks fine and no bad damp smell or anything like that (well, I spray Febreze Antimicrobal very often), but I probably should get the rubber floor liner.

This is off-topic, but the "Yes Essential" fabric seats are great! With all the splash on the road, off-road (some mud), dirty dog paw prints etc. and no stains at all. All I do is wipe with warm damp clothes to clean... The seats are as clean as new...at least looks clean! I was very skeptical with the fabric seats, but now I'm very impressed.

Last edited by moun10eer; 06-28-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by moun10eer
Did anyone try Mopar Rubber Floor Liner: http://www.justforjeeps.com/ruflli.html ???

That looks sweet. I would love more/ better pictures.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I know rescue X took his carpet out okiemike, and he put a rubber floor mat type material down...

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, as anytime moisture gets back there its like mildew city.

Anyone have suggestions on materials to replace the carpet with, such as a rubber mat? I've been looking around at autozone/oreilly/pepboy/advanced etc and haven't seen anything that just looked ideal.
I do believe MOPAR makes a direct replacement rubber mat part number 82210294.

Quick Reply: Carpet Removal???