Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Carpet clogging up my garage ...

Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I threw my carpet back in because my shoes began melting while I drove. The floor got way too hot for my likings. Ive heard people say that the bedliner keeps the heat out, but Im worried it wont be enough. I do like the jeep way more without the carpet though. So much easier to clean.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those who have taken it out, could we see pictures please? =] thanks!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had mine out since November as I've been going topless (with the front 2 sections left on when parked) since then. I am running all quadratec mats but I do plan to bedliner the tubs. I am however keeping my carpet as in the summer I wont be able to remove the top (rains every day here in summer). I'll put the carpet back in all summer for sound/heat insulation.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah definitely gonna bedline it when the weather gets warmer and drier, lol. But I can tell you this much, when the carpets get soaked ( for example the unexpected storm and you got the top down) they will start to stink like a pack of wet dogs, lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Red face

left mine in for a bout a week before yanking it out. Found out after a rain storm I had a leak on the passenger side somewhere. My fix, took out the carpet and front drain plugs.:
Old 02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is a bit old, but just wondering if there is any noticeable difference in cold weather ? I got a set of rugged ridge fitted floormats coming and I REALLY wanna pull the carpet out of my 2012 before I put them in, but I don't plan to line-x anytime soon. Does the carpet keep the cold out much ?

Quick Reply: Carpet clogging up my garage ...