Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Carpet cleaning

Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet cleaning

I put my carpets back in my jeep yesterday after having them out all summer, trying to better insulate it for the winter anyway my carpets smell like the beach i forgot about that back when I took them out. What can I use to clean them?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you have access to a portable steam cleaner, that would be te best route... If not try some of the auto store carpet cleaner or some febreeze auto...my .02$
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

i had a 90 yj and used to have to take the carpets out and clean them all the time, i would throw some soap on them and pressure wash the hell outta them, i dont think normal shampooing is worth the effort
Old 10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepnick
i had a 90 yj and used to have to take the carpets out and clean them all the time, i would throw some soap on them and pressure wash the hell outta them, i dont think normal shampooing is worth the effort
ha ha...this is what I did too...only way to clean all the blood out.
went hunting earlier and got myself a buck, threw him in the back with a tarp under him...but the tarp had a hole in it...all the blood went into the back carpet, under it, under the back seat.....what a mess....apparently I shoulda used a shower curtain! Seems to work better in the movies
Anyways....yeah pulling them and hosing 'em down got everything out...blood, hair, smell, crap from before....everything, looked absolutely new when I was done
Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just found mine & put them back in too. I used regular carpet cleaner and a stiff brush & bucket of water. Then I draped them over some sawhorses & hosed the hell outta them.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove and pressure wash em'

Quick Reply: Carpet cleaning