Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cargo Tiedowns are Standard Equipment

Old 03-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Actually, now that I look at that, something else comes to mind. I think that the missing screw for the tie down is supposed to secure in the storage lid too. Otherwise it could be just yanked up with the gate closed. I suppose someone could just unscrew it anyway, or even just break it since it is just plastic.
Sounds plausible to me. I wondered why mine just pulled free.

This would explain it.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything new, Rubidozer?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, Chrysler and Jeep suck. They are screwing-up and not correcting those mistakes because it is cheaper to ignore the many and only help the few that complain.
Go to your dealers and complain, then call Chrysler Customer Service and complain. Then keep doing it to both on a regular basis....I have been told that is the only way Jeep will recall anything.... Otherwise, only those that complain will get fixed.
There are no part #s for the tiedowns because they never made them.
My dealer gave me tiedowns that didn't fit with the trunk-lid. Then they told me not to post anything on the website or they will stop helping me in this matter. Funk 'em! You know what I mean...
I was given a free rental when they took my JK. It was a Chrysler Aspen. I looked at the tiedowns in the Aspen, and I noticed they would fit my JK. They aren't designed to fit, but I made them. I only had to trim the edges of the trunk-lid a little to allow room for the bolt and tiedown. They look as if they are stock and work very well. Nice and secure.
I'll post pics on Sunday night.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
The Jeep website states that Cargo Tiedowns, like the TJ had, are Standard equipment. I don't have them. Does anybody else?
Jeep is really screwing the buyers in the JK, so far.
They are actually called "Cargo Tie Down Loops." I found them listed on my "Vehicle Shipping Order" in the "Vehicle Description" Section (look for the arrow!):

Notice it is option code CKT. Hope this helps. I have my parts manager looking into it. Will post any additional updates as I receive them.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

The dealer's Service Manager is trying to tell me that Chrysler has said they never included tiedowns! They said the places I showed them were for an optional cargo trunk to attach. But nothing in the Mopar catalog fits into those slots..... I think they're F*$%ing with me!
Anyway, here are the pictures of the tiedowns from the Aspen fitted into my slots. I had to trim a notch out of the trunk-lid, but they fit great... There is a part of the tiedown that slides under the metal and it looks like the top...

Old 03-25-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it there is a rental Aspen around that is missing some tie towns.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is really a stupid place for cargo tiedown. they are in the middle of the rear cargo area. I needed it in the corners not in the middle. who tes down cargo in the middle of your cargo? I agree we need our tiedowns. but man first they don't give them to us then they put them in a strange position. I will have coolers there I need to anchor in the rear.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where are all the photos? All I see are blank spaces? I don't even see the dreaded red "x". :confused:
Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Quick update regarding cargo tie down loops. I complained to DCX two weeks ago about my hood issues and the lack of "cargo tie-down loops". I pointed out that the slots were cut in the carpet and that the attachment points were in place. Nancy (DCX customer service rep.) put me on hold, came back and told me I was right, they should have been included. She would open a file for me, send info to the dealer and problems would be resolved.

Called dealer today to see what was happening. I was informed that nothing was wrong with my hood and they don't know anything about the cargo tie-downs. They suggested I call DCX. Which I did immediately. Richard (dcx customer service rep.) told me my hood problem was "normal". When I asked him to put that in writing, he declined. Then I asked about the cargo tie-downs. Put on hold again, but when he came back, he again told me that the y should be on the vehicle and that I should call my dealer. Called dealer back Immediately and referenced call with Richard. Dealer says they know nothing about it and I should call DCX

Chinese water torture. DC has discovered new way to increase profitability. Sell warranty along with new vehicle but have no intention of actually providing warranty service. DCX and dealers will be the first people up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Sorry this wasn't actually quick...need to vent!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:34 AM
JK Freak

Default Cargo tie downs

This cargo tie downs issue is going to come back and bite DC in the ass...

ANYWAY,,,, Has anyone figured out what the holes in the lower back of the roll bar are for??

I was thinking that would make good attachment points for cargo..
(MAYBE GET EYE BOLTS FOR TRUCK STAKES WITH THE SPREADERS, LIKE SHEET ROCK BOLTS) Yea, I know there's a word for them.. just can't think of it now..
I will follow up on that and look for something suitable..

I am sure if we get to really looking there will be more somewhere.(attachment points). I like the idea of the Aspen tie downs.. Maybe someone can come up with a part# and we can order some.. That seems to be the only way to get something done as of now..

I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE HAS ACTUALLY SEEN THE CARGO TIE DOWNS..

Still trying to get the dealership to pony up the hood insulator, and the hood bumpers.. nothing yet..

Quick Reply: Cargo Tiedowns are Standard Equipment