Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cargo Tiedowns are Standard Equipment

Old 03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Good catch. I'm in the same boat but the Can. & U.S. websites are slightly different. Did you manage to get paperwork showing the parts should be there or go off the sales/ build lists?
I also take it You're also An 07 Rubi. Can you let me know your build date?
When I go into the dealer I'd like to be sure we're talking apples from the same basket.
My build date was 1/23/07. All the new JKs on the dealer lots around here are missing them. I told the dealers and they are ordering a bunch of them. I have to get the part# tomorrow for everybody because the parts guys don't have it listed. It's only in the Service computer schematics. I can also try to scan the printout for everyone to bring in to their dealer service.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
My build date was 1/23/07. All the new JKs on the dealer lots around here are missing them. I told the dealers and they are ordering a bunch of them. I have to get the part# tomorrow for everybody because the parts guys don't have it listed. It's only in the Service computer schematics. I can also try to scan the printout for everyone to bring in to their dealer service.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could do that. I for one was sure missing good anchor points this weekend.
I don't think anyone wants to bastardise their new wheels with makeshift stuff,or get undo damages.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

I went to my dealer today, because they got the d-rings they ordered for me. It was a warranty issue, as the factory had forgotten them. The d-rings fit into the slots and bolt into the little holes next to the slots. If you need info for your dealer to get you the d-rings, I'll post some pics soon. The standard equipment sheet is printable from the Jeep.com website...
you didn't happen to get part numbers, did you? and thanks for finding/posting this, i'm moving to another part of the country soon and would rather get all of these little things figured out before i ship my jeep.

edit: nevermind @ part numbers, i just read the rest of the posts thanks again.

Last edited by superboo; 03-18-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they supposed to be in the 2 door as well as the 4 door?

Waiting on those pics!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
yup. listed @ jeep.com under standard features
Old 03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Thanks guys. missing on my unlimited x also. just another thing to add to the long list of discrepencies. the dealer is not gonna want to see me coming the next time.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting on those pics!

Same here, i would like to see some also.

I found on my list of options "Cargo Tie-Down Loops" Is that what is being referred to here?

I thought these where them doinky-assed elastic garter straps that are supposedly for the rear window roll up. If not, i want the stupid things! I could have used them a few weeks ago.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-19-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Everyone is waiting for the pics and part#s and I will get them soon. Pics of the slots were the tiedowns should be will be posted tonight. As for the tiedown pics and the part#s, you'll have to be patient.
My service manager called me today, as well as the Chrysler Engineering Dept.
They took my Rubi Unlim to run tests for a while to see what they can do regarding the Power-steering overheating. They are preparing for a recall after they engineer a cooler for the system.
As far as the Tiedowns, there is no part#... I don't know how my service manager got them, but he says he knows some insiders at Jeep Engineering. I believe him, as I have never seen anybody get service like I'm getting!
If they decide to recall for the tiedowns, you'll all be the first to know...
They are also discussing what to do about the missing U-Connect in my jeep, as well as the underhood light.
I'm not happy with the 'Forget & Omit' attitude Jeep has been building these JKs with.... Now, I'm not suing, so don't get all judgemental or call me names. But I believe we paid for things that are expected with the Jeep Wrangler, "The most capable off-road vehicle ever built...", so we should have them. I don't really care about the U-Connect, so I'm not pushing them on that topic. They just felt they wanted to talk with me and see what I thought.
Very Cool!
Thanks for your patience, You'll soon get the info....
Rubidozer
Old 03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Everyone is waiting for the pics and part#s and I will get them soon. Pics of the slots were the tiedowns should be will be posted tonight. As for the tiedown pics and the part#s, you'll have to be patient.
My service manager called me today, as well as the Chrysler Engineering Dept.
They took my Rubi Unlim to run tests for a while to see what they can do regarding the Power-steering overheating. They are preparing for a recall after they engineer a cooler for the system.
As far as the Tiedowns, there is no part#... I don't know how my service manager got them, but he says he knows some insiders at Jeep Engineering. I believe him, as I have never seen anybody get service like I'm getting!
If they decide to recall for the tiedowns, you'll all be the first to know...
They are also discussing what to do about the missing U-Connect in my jeep, as well as the underhood light.
I'm not happy with the 'Forget & Omit' attitude Jeep has been building these JKs with.... Now, I'm not suing, so don't get all judgemental or call me names. But I believe we paid for things that are expected with the Jeep Wrangler, "The most capable off-road vehicle ever built...", so we should have them. I don't really care about the U-Connect, so I'm not pushing them on that topic. They just felt they wanted to talk with me and see what I thought.
Very Cool!
Thanks for your patience, You'll soon get the info....
Rubidozer
my sales manager is eager for a part#/pictures. so i'm amongst those awaiting your next post. also, who did you talk to about an underhood light and how did you approach it? did you mention the footwell light? i'd like these items as well and nothing i've done so far has proved fruitful aside from getting them to give me the hood insulation.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still no part#, as my dealer's Service Manager is suddenly playing dumb. He doesn't want to put himself in a compromising situation, as he put it.
The ones he gave me didn't fit in the slots, as it seems they were from another vehicle. He had me speak with his Chrysler Rep., so we'll see if that gets anything done.
The worst part of all this is that they took my Rubi Unlim and gave me a Chrysler Aspen to drive... Now my wife wants the glorified station wagon.
I like to call it something else:
SUV+Truck= SUCK
I'll keep you posted, as long as I don't go crazy..........

Last edited by Rubidozer; 03-20-2007 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Cargo Tiedowns are Standard Equipment