Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cargo Tiedowns are Standard Equipment

Old 03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is resized for fast downloades - have you heard about larger monitors.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

carpal tunnel
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Right, so... back on topic...

I flipped up my carpet and sure enough I have two little slots under there -- is there some kind of magic widget that is supposed to slide in there? I think a D-ring or similar would be a lot more useful -- am I missing something?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Right, so... back on topic...

I flipped up my carpet and sure enough I have two little slots under there -- is there some kind of magic widget that is supposed to slide in there? I think a D-ring or similar would be a lot more useful -- am I missing something?
Bungee cords with small-diameter hooks should do the job - that's what I'm using right now. It's not the prettiest set-up in the world, but does the job (keeping my stuff from flying around during turns, braking, etc.)
Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like I have seen this thread before.......

Oh yes, here.........
Old 03-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Former Member

I guess I'll have to abandon the idea of using the factory slots. Not going to have my dog crates flying toward toward me like the last time someone looked me in the eye and pulled out anyways...In that type of situation I get a flashback of roadrunner cartoons when adding bungee straps to the equation!
I think most of us were looking for an anchor point with enough structural integrity to take advantage of using camlock type straps.
I like the Dring idea above but I'll have to install in the rear corners to take advantage of the tubular raised platform that I tradionaly use.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to my dealer today, because they got the d-rings they ordered for me. It was a warranty issue, as the factory had forgotten them. The d-rings fit into the slots and bolt into the little holes next to the slots. If you need info for your dealer to get you the d-rings, I'll post some pics soon. The standard equipment sheet is printable from the Jeep.com website...
Old 03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Pics please, not sure where to look.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
I went to my dealer today, because they got the d-rings they ordered for me. It was a warranty issue, as the factory had forgotten them. The d-rings fit into the slots and bolt into the little holes next to the slots. If you need info for your dealer to get you the d-rings, I'll post some pics soon. The standard equipment sheet is printable from the Jeep.com website...
Good catch. I'm in the same boat but the Can. & U.S. websites are slightly different. Did you manage to get paperwork showing the parts should be there or go off the sales/ build lists?
I also take it You're also An 07 Rubi. Can you let me know your build date?
When I go into the dealer I'd like to be sure we're talking apples from the same basket.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fathomgreencamaro
Pics please, not sure where to look.

Thanks.
I've got some pics of the before shots on my camera and I will post them tomorrow. The after shots will have to wait, as my camera has a glitch.

Quick Reply: Cargo Tiedowns are Standard Equipment